The Data We Store
- We never store your card details on tengusake.com, ever. All our payments are handled externally by Barclaycard. When you pay, you are transferred to the Barclaycard Merchant Terminal which handles all payment data. No payment data is transferred between the two sites, Barclaycard merely reports back to temgusake.com if payment has been authorised or not.
- By law, Barclaycard must store a record of all transactions. This is held securely, by a reputable 3rd party, and your card number is starred out. We cannot see your card details.
- On tengusake.com, by law, we store all other data relevant to your purchase but not your card details.
- If you opt into our newsletter your order history is shared with our Newsletter provider (currently Mailchimp).
- We never share your data with any other third party.
What We Do With Your Data
- Obviously, since we store a record of the orders you place, we understand your order history (this is also accessible to you via your My Account page)
- If you have opted into our newsletter we will send you occasional and relevant information; for example: offers, events, discounts, sake news, etc.
- If you have opted to receive targeted emails we may use your order history to tailor special offers to you or to offer you Reward Point bonuses as a thank you.
- We have an active and current security certificate (you can see it if you click on the padlock to the left of your address bar), all traffic to and from our website is encrypted.
- We are PCI DSS compliant (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
- We use long and complicated passwords to ensure no unauthorised person can gain access to your data as well as firewalls, virus checkers, etc.
- In the Checkout you can opt into our newsletter. You must consent, we do not automatically subscribe you.
- You can also sign up here
- By default you are opted out from our newsletter.
- You must opt in by ticking the opt in box in the Checkout or by signing up using the link above.
- All our newsletters go out with a unsubscribe link at the bottom.
- track user movement through our website so we can better improve its functionality,
- build up a more comprehensive overview of the demographics of our users.
- Other than the cookies that provide essential functionality, all data is anonymised and we cannot link it to a specific user.
If you are unhappy with, or unsure about, the data we collect please feel free to contact us. We try to be absolutely transparent about what we collect and why we collect it. We just want to provide you with good sake, that’s all – no secret underground lair, no plans to take over the world 😉